The role purpose of an Automation Tester is to support all areas of testing within the company with a focus on utilising automation to ensure rapid, repeatable and consistent quality assurance whilst working in an Agile environment.
- Participate as a member of an Agile software development team to head up the test capability.
- Create automated end to end tests using automated test frameworks, ensuring an appropriate level of test coverage.
- Provide manual quality user testing of Zupa software and applications, including executing, refining and documenting testing processes as code passes through the test environments.
- Creating test plans and scripts.
- Assist internal stakeholders in creating Acceptance Criteria for user stories where required.
- Tracking and maintaining bugs.
- Accurate test execution and reporting of test cases.
- Participating in retrospectives and sprint planning.
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies.
- Work towards any targets set in your regular appraisal/review sessions.
- Experience of creating automated tests using Selenium Webdriver with C# and xUnit.
- Ability to work with a development team to identify testing needs, acceptance criteria and effective methods of testing.
- Ability to work effectively both on their own and as part of a team.
- Able to demonstrate effective software testing support on a daily basis with both personal and professional integrity.
- Testing web applications across multiple operating systems and browsers.
- Ability to manage the testing process so the software is tested in a timely and qualitative fashion, ensuring all aspects of functionality are tested in accordance with defined processes, guidelines and practices.
- Ability to work with team leads to plan and implement testing procedures.
- Able to provide reports and updates on progress of testing plans to management.
- Ability to evaluate new functionality and create test scenarios.
- Ability to provide estimates for test creation and execution where required.
- Knowledge of when to escalate to development effectively.
- Able to develop strong functional and process knowledge as the process grows.
- ISTQB Foundation or equivalent qualification.
- Experience working with defect tracking systems such as JIRA or Azure DevOps.
- Experience working with source control systems such as GitHub or TFS.
- Able to quickly learn new systems.
- Works well with all kinds of people.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Can work within a team.
- Willing to learn new skills and technology as the tech stack changes.
- Writing technical documentation and user guides.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and Cosmos DB programmes.
- Experience of creating and executing API tests using Postman or SOAP UI.
- Experience using K6 for performance testing
- Experience of working within the Catering industry.
- Knowledge of standard accounting processes.
Being a fast-growing Microsoft Technology Partner, we endorse personal growth through MCP Certifications.
During COVID-19 we have adapted our way of working. While the questions and conversations we have in our interviews are likely to be the same, please anticipate any face-to-face stage to be conducted via video call.
Along with progression for the right people, other Zupa benefits include; Company Pension, Life Assurance, High Street Vouchers Scheme, 25 days holiday and Pluralsight Subscriptions. Our offices in Eastleigh are easily commutable by train, motorway, bus and airport links.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our talented team, we want to hear from you. Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or register with us on our Jobs Board here: https://www.zupajobs.co.uk/find-jobs/Apply now