Who we are:
Zupa are a Microsoft Partner based in Southampton, Hampshire. Working in an Agile environment on new cutting-edge eCommerce projects, we are looking for the best people around to join us. Zupa offer a rewarding and relaxed environment, within a culture supporting encouragement for both professional and personal growth and the opportunity to work within the latest and greatest technologies.
Due to continued business growth, we are looking for a Senior level Business Analyst to help us launch a brand new product to market, whilst maintaining existing systems.
Who you are:
The role of a Business Analyst is to enable the business to implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or programme and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and the relevant internal teams.
As a Senior level Business Analyst you will have a high level of knowledge of Agile processes and experience working with Stakeholders and Product Owners to produce high quality requirements. You have a good eye for detail and understand the needs of both the business and software development team to enable the creation of appropriate and effective software solutions.
Being tech driven, Zupa is continuously striving to stay at the forefront of technical advancement. Therefore, you must possess an excellent work ethic and be an innovative individual who searches continually to improve. If you have a passion for the best in everything that you do and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, then we would love to hear from you.
- Identify stakeholder requirements for new functionality by proactively gaining feedback via interviews, workshops and site visits.
- Keep abreast of market insights and legislation, particularly relating to ecommerce and hospitality.
- Identify areas where system functionality can be enhanced to improve customer experience and/or support team effectiveness.
- Remove conflicting requirements and create clear user stories with supporting requirements in a given priority order.
- Liaising with Software Developers during the development process to ensure their questions are answered regarding expected requirements and gaps in information provided.
- Ensuring that user stories and supporting documentation are updated as required during the development process.
- Review and sign-off completed development work to verify that it meets the agreed requirements.
- Document the outcomes of meetings and make sure these are shared with the relevant parties.
- Communication with internal and external customers regarding the progress of feature requests, change requests and user stories.
Key Skills Required (Must have/be):
- Strong analytical ability, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into system and operation requirements.
- Excel verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence others.
- The ability to work independently and prioritise workload.
- Able to work well with all kinds of people.
- Self-motivated worker.
- Strong eye for detail.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- A working knowledge of the hospitality industry, procurement and/or financial management.
- Previous experience of working within the software development lifecycle.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in a team delivering software.
Along with progression for the right people, other Zupa benefits include;
- Flexi Hours (core hours 10am to 4pm).
- Working from home 1 day per week (currently 5 days during Covid-19).
- 25 days Holiday, Plus Bank Hols.
- Great coffee and healthy/unhealthy snacks around the office! (once we are back!).
- Health & Wellbeing benefits.
- Company Pension 3% employer contribution.
- Death in Service (Life Insurance of 3 x annual salary).
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme.
- Employee referral programme.
- High Street Vouchers.
- Personal Training Plans and subscriptions.
- MCP Certifications.
- Modern offices, easily commutable by train, motorway, bus and airport links.
f you think you’ve got what it takes to join our talented team, we want to hear from you. Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com or register with us on our Jobs Board here: https://www.zupajobs.co.uk/find-jobs/