With over two decades’ experience, building intelligent software solutions designed to save time and money, we are currently developing a world-class, B2B business operating platform that will digitally transform and futureproof your business.
Our core values are:
Technical Excellence We pride ourselves on always striving to build ‘best of breed’ software solutions.
Progressive Innovation Successful businesses never stand still and neither do we. Our technology grows and evolves with our customers and the world around us.
Applied Ambition Ambition is what drives us. We might dream big, but always dig deep to put those aspirations into practice.
Collective Responsibility Together, we are capable of achieving greatness. We listen hard to our customers and appreciate what everyone brings to the table.
We are a proud Microsoft Gold Certified Partner in Application Development, and Silver Partner across Cloud Platform and Datacentre.
A mid-level Software Developer is responsible for creating applications under the supervision of the Team Lead Developer using languages, standards and guidelines set by the company.
- Keep up to date with Zupa’s tech stack
Day to day:
- To aid in the full software development life cycle including translating user requirements, creating software and deploying it to systems using the company standards and guidelines
- Produce clean, testable and efficient code based on specifications
- Recommend and execute improvements, contributing towards the technical decision making
- Work in an agile way
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software to ensure strong functionality and optimisation
- Assisting in estimations and planning sprint work
- Reviewing code for accuracy and functionality
- Mentoring more junior Team Members
- To undertake any further duties and tasks which may be assigned from time to time, at the discretion of the management
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies
- Work towards any targets set in your regular appraisal/review sessions
- Maintain and increase domain knowledge and familiarity with the product/infrastructure
- Experience using C#
- Experience using ASP.NET MVC and with WebAPI and/or ASP.NET Core
- Experience using SQL (e.g. MS SQL, MySQL)
- Experience automating unit, component, integration and regression tests
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with an automated build and deployment pipeline (e.g. TeamCity, Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy)
- Works well with all kinds of people
- Remains calm under pressure
- Works well within a team
- Creating PWA or native applications
- Using websockets for real time communication
- NoSQL persistence e.g. document stores & graph databases
- Experience creating microservices with RESTFUL interfaces
- Experience optimising T-SQL queries with an awareness of SQL performance concerns
- Experience using NoSQL (e.g. Document Stores & Graph Databases)
- Experience creating reports using Power BI and/or SSRS
- Experience creating reports using D3js
- Experience using Service Bus (e.g. Azure Service Bus, RabbitMQ, MSMQ)
- Experience of creating solution deployed to the cloud (e.g. Azure, AWS)
Being a fast growing Microsoft Technology Partner, we endorse personal growth through MCP Certifications.
Along with supported career progression, other Zupa benefits include:
- Flexi Hours (core hours 10am to 4pm)
- Working from home 5 days per week (during Covid-19)
- 25 days Holiday, Plus Bank Hols
- Health & Wellbeing benefits
- Company Pension 3% employer contribution
- Death in Service (Life Insurance of 3 x annual salary)
- Employee referral programme
- Personal Training Plans and subscriptions
- MCP Certifications
During COVID-19 we have adapted our way of working. While the questions and conversations we have in our interviews are likely to be the same, please anticipate any face-to-face stage to be conducted via video call.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our talented team, we want to hear from you. Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com or register with us on our Jobs Board here: https://www.zupajobs.co.uk/find-jobs/
Notice to agencies: Direct applications only. We will not discuss any candidate where we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy.Apply now