As a Network Manager you have the responsibility of the Zupa internal networks and infrastructure, ensuring that company policies and procedures are followed, along with keeping the company systems and data safe, secure and available.
Working with all kinds of people within the business and sometimes external too, you will have a positive and ‘can do’ attitude to undertake tasks, excellent communication and customer service skills and remain calm under pressure. You will be able to work effectively both on your own and as part of a team and be a keen learner, looking to always expand skillset.
- Oversee technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals.
- Ensure production infrastructure is resilient and highly available by supporting and iterating incident management processes.
- Improve the existing infrastructure through architectural improvements, automation and use of configuration management tools.
- Support the software development lifecycle, liaising with other team leads to improve integration, manage the release process and administer build tools, source control repositories and issue tracking tools, working towards a fully automated build pipeline.
- Ensure the security of computing environments using monitoring and intrusion detection systems.
- Resolving internal and customer facing IT incidents including workstation, server and network issues.
- IT Administration including backups, inventory, networking, monitoring and automated workstation builds.
- Dealing with company communications and subscription contracts.
- Maintaining key technology implementations including Active Directory, Hypervisors, Office365 and Azure.
- To undertake any further duties and tasks which may be assigned from time to time, at the discretion of the management.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Cloud computing principles (e.g. autoscaling).
- DevOps mindset (configuration-as-code, automation).
- Software Build tools and version control systems.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Azure IaaS services
- Excellent understanding of Server 2016/2012R2 operating systems including DHCP, DNS, Active-Directory.
- Excellent understanding of HyperV 2016 hypervisor including clustering scenarios.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 10 client operating systems.
- Working knowledge of hardware configurations and config management tools (laptops, desktops, physical networking).
- Driving license and own transport.
- Investigating and resolving live systems issues.
- Have experience of providing recommendations to improve existing operational processes and procedures.
- Have a logical and methodical approach.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Qualification in IT Engineering.
- MCP Qualification(s).
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
Being a fast-growing Microsoft Technology Partner, we endorse personal growth through MCP Certifications.
During COVID-19 we have adapted our way of working. While the questions and conversations we have in our interviews are likely to be the same, please anticipate any face-to-face stage to be conducted via video call.
Along with progression for the right people, other Zupa benefits include; Company Pension, Life Assurance, High Street Vouchers Scheme, 25 days holiday and Pluralsight Subscriptions. Our offices in Eastleigh are easily commutable by train, motorway, bus and airport links.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our talented team, we want to hear from you. Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or register with us on our Jobs Board here: https://www.zupajobs.co.uk/find-jobs/Apply now