As a UI Developer you are responsible for contributing to the front-end development of Zupa products and services using a variety of computer languages and frameworks. You will also be contributing to the UI design of the products and services.
Reports and Key Relationships
Reports to Team Lead Developer
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Constant communication with team.
- Planning and prototyping new products and services.
- Designing the architecture of the components of a product.
- Deciding on the best technologies and languages for the project.
- Testing products and services in different browsers and device environments.
- Problem solving.
- Gathering requirements and actioning.
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies.
- Work towards any targets set in your regular appraisal/review sessions.
- Maintain and increase domain knowledge and familiarity with the product/infrastructure.
- Proven commercial experience as a Front-end designer and developer maintaining and creating web applications from scratch.
- Adaptability to pick up new languages and frameworks.
- Commercial experience with mark-up languages such as HTML.
- Use or understanding of C#, ASP.NET Core and a mixture of persistence technologies.
- Ability to create responsive websites suitable for a variety of device types and sizes.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
- Understanding of layout aesthetics.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Experience using SQL (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL).
- Experience automating unit, component, integration and regression tests.
- Experience working within a commercially Agile environment.
- Experience working with an automated build and deployment pipeline (e.g. TeamCity, Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy).
- Knowledge of optimising copy and landing pages for search engine marketing and keyword discovery.
Along with progression for the right people, other Zupa benefits include; Company Pension, Life Assurance, High Street Vouchers Scheme, 25 days holiday and Pluralsight Subscriptions. Our offices in Eastleigh are easily commutable by train, motorway, bus and airport links.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our talented team, we want to hear from you. Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com or register with us on our Jobs Board here: https://www.zupajobs.co.uk/find-jobs/Apply now